Yes, You May Use These Materials
If you are a professor, lecturer, or any other kind of teacher, you are welcome to use this site’s materials in teaching your classes even if you have not adopted Advanced Statistics in Research as your course text. These materials are free to educators and students.
- contact information name, organizational title, email address, work phone number
- expected discount
- quantity of books plan to purchase (this will determine shipping costs)
Adopting Advanced Statistics as a Textbook
This web site provides lots of materials to help instructors determine whether Advanced Statistics in Research might be appropriate as an assigned course textbook. The Sample Chapters section provides free downloads of five representative chapters, two appendices, the table of contents, and the index. This web site also provides over 20 free exercises along with PowerPoint slides of all tables and figures from the book. A free 600-item test bank is available to teachers upon request. If you go to the page for this title at Amazon.com, you can use their Look Inside feature to search for specific terms within the book itself.
Requesting a Free Review Copy
- Your contact information: name, email address, and the mailing address to which we will ship the book. Providing your work phone number is optional, but it can help if there are problems with the delivery.
- Title of the book you are requesting (i.e., Advanced Statistics in Research).
- Name of the relevant course you are teaching (e.g. PSYC 520 Advanced Statistics)
- How did you hear about the book?
- So that we can verify that you are an instructor, please provide the name of your institution and/or the URL of your university's web site. Should we look for your name in the web site’s faculty directory? In the web page for a specific department? Somewhere else?
We will respond by email within 48 hours. Most instructors in the continental US receive their desk copies within two weeks or so.
Using the Free Exercises
This web site provides over 20 free exercises that can be used for small-group discussion activities, homework assignments, quizzes, and similar activities. Click the following links:
- Exercises: This section provides free PDF downloads of the exercises themselves, sorted by chapter.
- Exercise tips: This section provides tips and suggestions about how the exercises can most effectively be used in your course.
Requesting the 600-Item Test Bank or Exercise Key
Please provide the following:
1. Your name
2. Your email address
3. Your work phone number (optional)
4. Name of the course you are teaching (e.g. PSYCH 520 Advanced Statistics)
5. If you would like to receive the test bank in a LMS format identify the format. To open and upload these files you need to have Respondus 4.0 installed in your computer. The good news is Respondus 4.0 offers a 30-day free trail if your institution does not offer it. Available formats:
6. Verify your university or college: Options as to how we can quickly verfiy that you are in fact the person who is teaching this course (as opposed to, say, some student who is merely taking the course and who would just love to get a copy of the test bank):
a) provide the name of your institution and the URL of your university's web site so that we can verify that you are in the faculty directory or are listed as a member of a specific department;
b) provide the name of your department chairperson so that he or she can verify that you are teaching the course; or
c) any other strategy that will allow us to quickly verify that you are who you say you are.
We apologize for the time required for this. But as an instructor, we hope you will appreciate our commitment to keeping the test bank out of the hands of students.