Quick, simple, and complete
APA Style for Papers, Presentations and Statistical Results
Preparing research papers, posters, and slide presentations according to the guidelines of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th Edition (2010):
- Creating APA-style research manuscripts with Microsoft Office Word®.
- Formatting margins, running heads, headings, references, in-text citations, tables, figures and more.
- Writing the abstract, introduction, method, results, and discussion sections.
- Preparing references—with DOIs—for all types of sources.
Presenting statistical results in text, tables, and figures—all in APA style:
- Reporting assumptions, p values, confidence intervals, and effect size as recommended by the APA, AERA, and ASA.
- Creating complex statistical symbols with the Word® Equation tool.
- Reporting results from widely-used statistical procedures—all illustrated with sample write-ups.
Preparing presentation materials for course assignments and scholarly conferences:
- Creating professional-looking research posters with Word® or PowerPoint®.
- Designing PowerPoint® slide presentations, speaker notes, and handouts.
Table of Contents
Part I: Basic Concepts in Research and Data Analysis (Title: Click here to download APA Style Ch 1 What This Book Will Do)
(Title: Click here to download APA Style Chapter 1 What This Book Will Do) Chapter 1 What This Book Will Do 1
Chapter 2 Basic Concepts in Research and Statistics 7
Chapter 3 The Big-Three Results from Statistical Analyses 33
Chapter 4 Assumptions Underlying Statistical Analyses 71
Part II: Basics of APA Style
(Title: Click here to upload APA Style Ch 5 Basic Guidelines for the Full Manuscript) Chapter 5 APA Style: Basic Guidelines for the Full Manuscript 85
Chapter 6 APA Style for Presenting Results in Text 121
Chapter 7 APA Style for Presenting Results in Tables 151
(Title: Click here to download Chapter 8 APA Style for Presenting Results in Figures) Chapter 8 APA Style for Presenting Results in Figures 165
Chapter 9 APA Style for the Reference List 203
Chapter 10 APA Style for In-Text Citations 239
Part III: Sample Paper, Poster, and Slide Presentation
Chapter 11 Example of a Complete APA-Style Paper 259
Chapter 12 Creating Research Poster Presentations 305
Chapter 13 Creating PowerPoint Slide Presentations 335
Part IV: Sample Write-Ups of Statistical Procedures
Chapter 14 Frequencies, Percentiles, and Boxplots 385
Chapter 15 Descriptive Statistics 401
Chapter 16 t Test for a Single Sample 425
Chapter 17 t Test for Independent Samples 433
(Title: Click here to download Chapter 18 t Test for Paired Samples) Chapter 18 t Test for Paired Samples 443
Chapter 19 ANOVA with One Between-Subjects Factor 453
(Title: Click here to download Chapter 20 ANOVA with Two Between-Subjects Factors) Chapter 20 ANOVA with Two Between-Subjects Factors 467
Chapter 21 ANOVA with One Within-Subjects Factor 491
Chapter 22 Bivariate Correlation and Regression 503
Chapter 23 Chi-Square Test for Independence 531
(Title: Click here to download APA Style Index) Index 557
- ALT + SHIFT + 0: Go to table of contents
- ALT + SHIFT + 9: Go to shortcuts list